Monday, October 21, 2013

Empties Part 1 - Makeup


Hello again!

Today, we are going through my trash.  Oh boy!  I realized that my bag of empties was pretty darn full and I don't think I've done one of these in a couple months.  Who doesn't love to see what we've used up and hear what we thought about it?


First up, the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.  I love this foundation for me.  Its a light-medium coverage and feels good on the skin.  I use the color 160 Fresh Beige and it matches me perfectly.  If you are looking for a natural finish in a foundation and don't need full-coverage I would definitely recommend this one. You can always find coupons and there is a wide color selection. I have already repurchased this and will probably repurchase again if I don't find something else in the meantime.  Do you have any suggestions on a foundation I should try out?

Next up, a mini Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess.  I adore this bronzer, I wish it wasn't so expensive.  I recently bought another mini that also came with a self tanner of theirs that I've used a few times for special occasions.  I like the color of this bronzer, it's not muddy and not orange.  It does have some shimmer to it, so I mostly use it on my cheeks to give a subtle bronze glow. 



Another product that I wish wasn't so expensive, the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray  Normally, I would just go out and repurchase this product because I love it so much, but if you read my long rant about my disappearance on this blog, you will know that my cat was really sick.  Well, long story short, he had to have 2 surgeries and a whole bunch of meds that cost an arm a leg and we are currently on a tight budget because of that and will be for a few months until we can get it paid off.  So, this is something I may ask for Christmas, although I have been saving up the mini bottle that I have right now at home. I love this stuff, I think it works really well to keep my makeup on and in place all day.  I actually like the way the smaller bottles spray versus the big one, weird right? 

Next up, I know I've shown the Maybelline Define-A-Brow in quite a few posts, but I have not repurchased this since I've used my last one.  I believe I mentioned in my last favorites post that I decided to give the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo a try and so far I have really been liking it.  There is one reason in particular that I have been loving it recently, and you will find out why in my next favorites post.  However, I do like these pencils in general, so if you are looking for a fairly inexpensive brow pencil, I would definitely recommend these.  


Lastly, I have somewhat used up this Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara.  I use this to set my brows in place.  This one is not completely used up, but it started to look pretty gross so I decided it was time to get a new one, so I did repurchase this already.  I have used a few different brow gels, and while this one is not my absolute favorite (since it's not an actual brow gel) it is pretty inexpensive and that is at the top of my list right now.

Well, we have sufficiently gone through my makeup trash.  There wasn't a ton, but I always feel good about myself when I actually use something up.  It means it didn't go to waste and I have a pretty good opinion on it.  Part 2 will be up soon on skincare and hair care items I have used up, so look for that.

Any suggestions on new products I should try out?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment