Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Empties Part 2: Skincare and Hair Care


Hello again,

I am back today with part 2 of my empties post.  I will be sharing with you the skincare and hair care products that I have used up in the past few months.  I will also be sharing a mini review on each product, how I liked it and if I will or already have repurchased.

The first product up is...

Makeup Remover Wipes | Yes to Grapefruit and Cucumber

I have two of the grapefruit and one cucumber makeup remover wipes.  After purchasing the cucumber ones because they didn't have any of the grapefruit ones, I don't think I will be buying the cucumber ones anymore.  They aren't as wet and don't do as good of a job as the grapefruit ones.  Those are my favorite at the moment and I am currently working on another pack.


Dry Shampoo | Dove Refresh and Garnier Fructis Volume Extend

When I pulled out the can of Dove dry shampoo, I honestly had to really think back because I could not remember using it in the past few months.  Probably because I have been on the Garnier dry shampoo kick.  It has a great smell, doesn't leave a dirty texture in your hair and just overall feels great. The Dove one isn't bad, but I definitely prefer the Garnier one more. 

Shampoo | TRESemme 24 Hour Body

I really have no recollection as to why I bought this.  I don't usually buy shampoos in this large of a size because I like to switch them out fairly often. This was just okay for me.  I know they say that too much protein in your hair isn't good for it, so I only used this every other wash.  I liked that it came with a pump, but I won't be repurchasing this anytime soon. 

Self Tanner | Jergens Natural Glow gradual self tanner

I am all for a subtle self tan and I have always liked the Jergens formula, especially since they have reformulated.  I only put this on on days when I don't shave my legs, otherwise my skin does not like it.  It doesn't exactly give me a just back from the beach tan, but it keeps my skin from looking super pale. I currently have a bottle of the 3 Days to Glow which gives you color faster so I don't use it as often maybe once or twice a week. 

Leave In Conditioner | N. 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

I believe I got this sample in a Birchbox a few months ago and I actually quite enjoyed this.  It was nice to have a leave in conditioner and a heat protectant in one.  It smell quite nice as well.  I will not be repurchasing this, at least not right now, because I have a few other samples to go through and because its $32 for the full-size. 

Facial Peels | Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta peel

I bought these on a whim while I was in Sephora one day because I had heard that facial peels are really good for your skin and these looked interesting.  I LOVED these and definitely want to go buy some more.  I loved how soft my skin felt after using them and will probably be asking for these for Christmas this year as they are fairly pricey.

Hair Oil | Orofluido

Another sample that I got in a past Birchbox.  I liked this one fairly well for my first time ever using an oil on my hair.  I would put this in my hair at night time to let it soak in.  My hair can get pretty greasy so I didn't want to put it in my hair during the day.  I have a few other samples of oils to use up before actually purchasing one. 

Those are all of the products that I have used up since my last post a few months ago.  I have already started to accumulate more products, so keep an eye out for another empties post in the coming months.

Are you dressing up for Halloween tomorrow?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment