Monday, October 28, 2013

October Favorites!


Hello everyone!

Can you believe that October is almost over?! Gah, I am not ready for November, I am still trying to enjoy all that Fall has to offer.  November signals winter to me and I am so not ready for winter (even though it pretty much feels like winter here)   :(   

Any who, October has been a great month and there are still a few days left.  I really enjoyed going on the haunted hayride, apple picking, eating donuts and drinking cider.  I have also made a pretty big change that is my number one favorite of the month...



Favorite Hairstyle | I GOT BANGS!  What a big change for me.  I have had the side swept bangs, but for the past few years i've pretty much had the same hairstyle and I was ready for something new.  I had been looking on pinterest and I always liked the look of bangs on other people and I had them when I was in elementary school so I decided to go for it. I was super nervous, I didn't want them cut too short, but the girl did such a great job and I am officially in LOVE with them. 

 It is so much easier to wear my hair natural (straight), I think it looks really chic. They are long, just below my eyebrows and I have to get them trimmed pretty often, but I definitely think it's worth it.   I have been having so much fun with them and have gotten so many compliments.  I will definitely be keeping these around for a long time.  What do you think?
Before
After!
Favorite Eyeshadow | Urban Decay Naked Palette

I have really been enjoying this little guy lately.  I have been doing a more natural soft eye since I've gotten my bangs and in particular have been loving the 5 lighter shades in this palette.  If you don't own this palette and have been contemplating getting it, I don't think you need to hear from me to know that it's a great one.  Everyone raves about it for a reason.  It is so versatile and the shadows are such great quality.  Whenever I go on a trip, I will always bring either this one or the Naked 2 because I can get every kind of look I would need out of either of them.  




Favorite Eyeliner | NYX Liquid Black Liner

I got this in this months POPSUGAR box and have been wearing this ever since I got my bangs cut.  I have been wearing a light neutral eye with winged liner.  I have never been really great at doing winged liner, but I find it much easier to do it with this type of brush instead of the felt tip liners.  It is also easier to mess it up, but with practice, I have been getting a bit better at it. I don't own many NYX products but I really like the formula of this liner.  It stays on and in place all day long and doesn't fade. 

Favorite Lip Products | Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Pink Cognito, Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and Mary Kay Lip Liner in Neutral

I have been wearing these three lip products all month.  Since I've been wearing winged liner so often, I have been wearing a more nude lip with Revlon's Pink Cognito.  It is a very soft nude pink and gives a nice shine to the lip.  On days when I wanted a bit more color, I have been wearing the Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie.  Probably my most worn lip butter, its a nice berry color that isn't too deep but gives a bit of color to the lip.  And lastly, I have started lining my lips with this nude liner that I completely forgot that I had.  My lips are slightly uneven, you might be able to tell in some of my photos, so I have been lining them to try to even them out a bit more and have really liked the way they turn out.  They look more even and bit more full as well.  

(top to bottom) Revlon Pink Cognito, Revlon Lip Butter Berry Smoothie, Mary Kay Lip Liner in Neutral
 Favorite Hair Brush | The Wet Brush

Another favorite from my POPSUGAR box, this brush is amazing.  My hair can be so tangly and so hard to comb out when it is wet.  This brush is like magic when it comes to wet hair.  I don't know how it does it, but it glides through like butter.  It cuts down on time when styling my hair since I don't have to struggle to get a comb through.  The bristles are super bendy so they don't tug and pull on your hair.  If you haven't tried this out, do it.  You will not regret it. 

Favorite Pants | Mossimo Five Pocket Ponte Pant.  

These are basically super thick leggings that look like dress pants, but aren't.  I can't even tell you how often I wear these, it is so embarrassing. I really need to go out a buy another pair.  If you like the feel of leggings but want a bit more coverage, these are it.  They are so comfortable, I could wear them 24/7 (I kind of already do).  

Well ladies (and gentleman?), those are my October favorites.  I hope you enjoyed reading.  

What have you been loving this past month?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment